Creative planning for congested area workshop
Want to make the most of the permission you have?
This workshop is for established drone operators looking to operate safely and at minimum risk in difficult congested area environments. We will help you look at more complex planning scenarios from a new perspective.
The workshop also covers developing an operating safety case (OSC) to provide you with the insight to approach your OSC application.
What is covered?
Its easy to become fooled into thinking that operations in congested areas are impossible. We will open your mind to the creative thinking employed by experienced drone pilots.
- The Congested Area Operating Safety Case
- Operations that will never be possible within the regulations and within a normal PfCO
- Approaching the CAA with a Unmanned Aircraft System Operating Safety Case (UASOSC) and the CAA’s requirements
- Proper and Full Risk Assessments
- Creative and Imaginative Solutions to Congested Area Operations
- Practical planning of a city centre engagement
Format of the day
We will start the workshop with a set of discussions examining the limitation that you operate under with a standard PfCO. Real life examples will be used to illustrate how footage was obtained in congested areas. A location close to the training venue will be used as a practical planning challenge. Working in small groups you will be expected to complete a pre-site visit and assess the location and it challenges.
After this real life planning exercise the course will cover the key elements of an OSC and how to construct the application.
- 21st May 2018, Manchester, £325 plus VAT
- 9th July 2018, Birmingham, £325 plus VAT
- 23rd October 2018, Wrexham, £325 plus VAT
We Also Recommend