Drone Ground School
"Certainly recommend Andrew and the team. As well as the accredited training, the shared experience and knowledge sets Droneflight apart." Erland Rendell, Director and Owner at Atorus Consult Ltd
We provide drone training that is recognised by the CAA and enables you to apply for a permission for commercial operations (PfCO). Our ground schools are delivered by highly experienced practitioners via our training division DronePartners, a CAA National Qualified Entity, ID 1117/4027. Our trainers are commercial drone pilots with a wealth of real world practical experience in filming, thermography, surveying and inspecting with drones.
Our course covers more than the CAA’s minimum requirements so that we can really help you accelerate becoming a real drone pilot including: Congested Area Planning and Better Data Collection (photography fundamentals).
Upon completion of this course and passing the ground school theory exam and the practical flight assessment, you will be able to apply for a Permission for Commercial Operation (PfCO) with the UK CAA.
There are 6 elements to this process starting with pre-study and ending with your application for your PfCO to the UK CAA. The optional element is flight coaching, which we would recommend if you are new to flying drones.
- Complete your course pre-study
- Complete the 3 day ground school
- Prepare your Operations Manual
- Obtain Insurance
- Complete your Flight Test
- Submit your application to the CAA
The pre-study materials help you arrive at the course prepared to get the most out of the course. In addition we provide you with an operations manual template to help you complete your own operations manual. The course price includes the ground school, exam, flight reference card templates, operations manual template, forms templates and flight assessment.
For further information please visit our main website.
- 2-3 December, 2019, Darlington, Ground school for PfCO, £695 plus VAT
- 4-5 February 2019, Barnard Castle, Ground school for PfCO, £695 plus VAT
- 30-31st March, 2020, Livingston nr Glasgow, Ground school for PfCO, £695 plus VAT
- 28-29 April, 2020, Leicester, Ground school for PfCO, £695 plus VAT
- 19-20 May, 2020, Barnard Castle, Ground school for PfCO, £695 plus VAT
This course is delivered by our training division DronePartners Ltd.
We Also Recommend